Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Observations, re: Halloween

I work in costuming full time.  Right now, we're pretty busy, of course, with everyone and their grandmother and their grandmother's dog needing a costume for the Halloween holiday next week.  Some of my observations, comments, and WTF moments from this season (so far):

1) Most improbable costume:  Gigantic man comes in. He is over 6.5', built like a linebacker, bald on top with a huge bushy beard, tattoo sleeves on both arms, dressed in biker garb.  What does he want to be for Halloween?  Papa Smurf.

2) WTF Moment #1: Customer wants to be a Klansman for Halloween.  As if that weren't WTF enough...oh, yes...he's black.

3) The sheer number of people who want to dress up at Katy Perry make me lose hope for the human race.

4) I have had seven requests for Big Bird (rented, folks--sorry!!), and I only have 1 Mitt Romney mask left.  Barak Obama has not been selling as well.  I am not sure if this is a good sign or a bad sign for the election results.

5) WTF Moment #2: Girl complains that slutty nurse costume is not short enough, and actually said, "I want people to be able to see my ass."  ?????????????????????????????????

Back into the fray this afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment