Monday, April 1, 2013

4.1.13

It begins!  NaPoWriMo launches today!

The prompt for today was to use the first line of a "famous" (or otherwise) poem as a starting place.  I'm combining this project with a photo project on another site (which will be updated every couple of days...mace508 on www.365project.org if you're interested...I will post the photos to this blog as well).  My secondary prompt from 365 was "red," so I added that to the "famous first line" thing...which led me to come up with a poem about something red, or with the color red mentioned, that has a first line I can work with.  Well, that got me thinking about red wheelbarrows, so I decided to take my own slant on William Carlos Williams, and borrow that oft-borrowed, very famous first line.  Here it is, folks:



So much depends upon
what isn’t said.  A red tulip begs

to be a kiss, a chipped nail
tells of heartache. A footprint

in alley mud could be headed anywhere—
how could you leave

only fingerprints behind, only
my dull red heart, dropping petals on the floor?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment