Wednesday, April 29, 2015

4.26.15



The rest of my catch-up.  The end of April falls perilously close to finals week.  This is my persona poem.  It's a relative of the one I wrote on 4/20, from the point of view of a character in a fiction project I'm working on.  Having trouble keeping my genres straight this month...so I decided to quit trying.  :)

Character Sketch II

Kill.  Kiss.  All that changes
is one letter.  What else changes?
Seasons.  Minds.  The direction I fire
a bolt or throw a knife.  Deals
can be broken. Winter comes.
Ice melts and refreezes, treacherous.
Our boots break through.  Kill.  Kiss.
Two ways to silence someone.
Which one will it be, Blaze?
Your heart pounds against my chest.
There are snowflakes on your eyelashes.
Why aren’t you pulling away?
Don’t you know a weapon when you see one?
What does an enemy look like?  Am I
even sure?  Kill.  Kiss.  One letter. 
What changes? Everything.

1 comment: